Porting libdtrace

Hi folks,

A while back I started taking a look at getting DTrace support into
Debian/kFreeBSD. I already have figured out the kernel configuration
modifications needed to get the basic kernel components in place. What
needs to still be done is porting the user land utilities and making
sure that the kernel is built with CTF data.

I know folks on here have previously ported libzfs and worked out a
bunch of the issues regarding header files, etc. I was wondering if
there was a general process or tips that folks had for embarking on
getting these libraries actually built and handling differences between
the FreeBSD libc and glibc headers.

Thanks,
Robert