Re: Postgresql deying access

2011/2/11 Emanuele Balla <balla@staff.spin.it>:

> On 2/11/11 12:04 PM, Nicolas Barbier wrote:
>
>>> postgres@netmon:~$ psql template1
>>> psql: FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user "postgres"
>>
>> * What does the PostgreSQL log say?
>
> You're right (dumb me):
>
> 2011-02-11 12:12:50 CET LOG:  could not get peer credentials:
> Interrupted system call

I think that this is enough to tell the porters what the problem is. I
also think I have seen similar problems being mentioned before, is
kFreeBSD somehow more susceptible to syscall-restarts? AFAIK, such a
return value (i.e., EINTR) must result in the syscall being retried,
which doesn't seem to happen.

Nicolas