Re: Postgresql deying access

2011/2/10 Emanuele Balla <balla@staff.spin.it>:

> postgres@netmon:~$ psql template1
> psql: FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user "postgres"

* What does the PostgreSQL log say?
* Does it work when you install an identd? (That shouldn't be required
when connecting using UNIX sockets, but it may be help diagnose the
problem; on UNIX sockets, SO_PEERCRED is supposed to be used to check
the user's identity.)
* Does it work when you install an identd and try to connect using TCP
("-h localhost")?
* Could you paste the relevant part of pg_hba.conf? (The first non
commented-out line should read "local all postgres ident".)

> Did not try to get around the problem (sorry) so can't really tell where
> the problem is, only that passing the socket path does not change the
> behavior:
>
> postgres@netmon:~$ psql template1 --host /var/run/postgresql
> psql: FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user "postgres"

psql uses UNIX sockets by default, so that should indeed not change anything.

I guess that something might be wrong with kFreeBSD's SO_PEERCRED (or
its detection by the configure script).

Nicolas