Re: Should the ITP for freebsd-quota be reassigned?

tisdag den  7 juni 2011 klockan 21:31 skrev Guillem Jover detta:
> On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 21:24:02 +0200, Mats Erik Andersson wrote:
> >
> > Yes, I can have a go at it. In passing by, I agree with Robert that
> > the executables should be built from 'freebsd-utils'. That was the
> > solution that Petr indicated to me at the time of importing the initial
> > adaption into the Alioth project.
>
> Ah yes, had forgotten too that conversation, then let me merge it and
> then feel free to update freebsd-utils copyright file, this way if
> there's dupes it avoids adding them.

I have committed an incomplete survey to

   trunk/freebsd-quota/debian/copyright

thus postponing the decision of a murge until I proceed further.
This intermediary state can serve us as evolutionary documentation,
if nothing else!

The really cumbersome point is 'sbin/fsck_ffs/*' where 4-claused,
3-claused, and 2-claused BSD licensing is mixed on individual
files, dependent on the contributing authors. At the moment
I have detected all names with attributed copyright, but the
finer points of splitting and text inclusion will be done
step wise. Any advice on practice is most welcome. Also DEP-3
does have its drawbacks.

Best regards,
  Mats