Re: mprotect, SIGBUS, and SIGSEGV

Petr Salinger <Petr.Salinger@seznam.cz> writes:
>>> There is no way, signal is determined by eglibc compiled for.
>>> Lets assume that your binary is compiled under squeeze.
>>> Under squeeze eglibc, it will receive SIGBUS,
>>> under sid eglibc it will receive SIGSEGV.
>>
>> I don't understand this part. Your first sentence seems to say the
>> signal is determined by the build environment, but the next part seems
>> to contradict that. Is this just a wording problem (the first sentence
>> missing a not?) or something more subtle?
>
> Build environment of used eglibc (MIN_KERNEL_SUPPORTED),
> but not build environment of your binary.

Plain FreeBSD has a getosreldate here (as I read sbcl source[0]) right?
Maybe that could be added so this test can be kept uniformly?

Regards

    Christoph

[0] jep sbcl started to FTBFS for that reason .. I'm now building a
    fixed package
--
9FED 5C6C E206 B70A 5857  70CA 9655 22B9 D49A E731
Debian Developer | Lisp Hacker | CaCert Assurer

Q. Why is top posting bad?