Re: mprotect, SIGBUS, and SIGSEGV

On Tue, 10 May 2011 22:13:45 +0200 (CEST), Petr Salinger <Petr.Salinger@seznam.cz> wrote:

> What about catching both signals ?

I proposed this to upstream. I'm not sure what they will think about
that idea.

> There is no way, signal is determined by eglibc compiled for.
> Lets assume that your binary is compiled under squeeze.
> Under squeeze eglibc, it will receive SIGBUS,
> under sid eglibc it will receive SIGSEGV.

I don't understand this part. Your first sentence seems to say the
signal is determined by the build environment, but the next part seems
to contradict that. Is this just a wording problem (the first sentence
missing a not?) or something more subtle?

Thanks for your help so far,

David

P.S. please keep CC'ing me