Re: GNU/kFreeBSD debian-installer

Aurelien Jarno wrote:
[snip]
> IMHO here are the remaning things that have to be done on
[snip]
> - provide a way to configure the keyboard. Either with a new udeb, or by
> modifying console setup to work on kfreebsd. If we can use the xorg
> keyboard maps on kfreebsd, we can also use a standard way to configure
> the keyboard on the installed system.

OK, so you are aware of issue described in http://bugs.debian.org/594827
of the console keyboard not being configured after install.

[snip]
> Currently we have localchooser in level 1, that is only latin-1
> languages are displayed. We already have some font problems for a few
> characters on some languages. There is of course plenty of possible
> improvements here, possibly by loading fonts.

Yes, currently in uk.iso.kbd the GBP key "£" doesn't print anything but
instead messes up the console so that one can delete the prompt!

I've also noticed in the shell in kfreebsd-i386 the Delete key deletes
the character left of the cursor, whereas in i386 (linux) it deletes the
character under the cursor. The Backspace key in the shell works as
expected.
In vim on kfreebsd-i386 the Delete key and Backspace key are reversed
compared to i386 (linux). In kfreebsd-i386 the Delete key deletes the
character left of the cursor and the Backspace key deletes the character
under the cursor. This is very annoying!

Regards,
Mike.