Re: How to compile a Kernel with pfsync support

Manuel García wrote:
> 2010/9/4 Petr Salinger <Petr.Salinger@seznam.cz>:
>>> I've tryed the Debian standart method to compile a kernel, but the
>>> build-essential package for kfreebsd don't have make-kpkg, and the
>>> FreeBSD method doesn't work either, 'cause "make buildworld" fails, it
>>> looks like the Makefile has some issues. ( I got a "Makefile:5:
>>> missing separator" )
>>>
>>> If you have any pointers on these, please, send me some.
>> I would suggets
>>
>>        apt-get build-dep kfreebsd-8
>>        apt-get source kfreebsd-8
>>
>> edit debian/arch/amd64/amd64.config or one from debian/arch/i386/*.config
>> edit debian/changelog
>>
>>        dpkg-buildpackage -B -uc
>>
>> Sorry for not providing something easier.
>>
>> Petr
>>

> Hi Petr && All
>
> I have tryed this, but unfortunely it's not enough to compile a custom
> kernel, 'cause the kfreebsd-source-8.1 is not "debianize", I mean,
> when you download and unpack kfreebsd-source-8.1, it haven't a debian
> dir, neither all the files its suppose to be in it (changelog,
> control, rules, etc).
>
> I admit i'm a little bit rusty in my packaging skills, if you can give
> me some aditional pointers will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.

While the package 'kfreebsd-source-8.1' is missing 'debian/', the source
package 'kfreebsd-8'[1] does have 'debian/'. So

 apt-get build-dep kfreebsd-8
 apt-get source kfreebsd-8
 cd kfreebsd-8-8.1
 dpkg-buildpackage ...

works.

The 'kfreebsd-source-8.1' package not having a 'debian/' seems like a
bug to me. Is it?

Regards,
Mike.

[1] http://packages.debian.org/source/squeeze/kfreebsd-8