Re: kfreebsd-kernel-headers and USB API breakage

On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 01:09:40PM +0100, Petr Salinger wrote:
> * freeglut
>   It is possible to disable USB scan of joystick by hack bellow.
>
> I would prefer to stay on headers based on 8.0.

As most of the problem are concentrated on the USB stack, what about
switching back to 7.2 headers only for /dev/bus/usb? There is a
compatibility layer in the kernel, and we can then switch back to the
new stack when more stuff has been ported.

An alternative option is to install the old /dev/bus/usb in
/dev/legacy/bus/usb, as it seems to be on 8.0 installations (haven't
upgrade my plain FreeBSD machine yet). Then a single line change fixes
our problems.

--
Aurelien Jarno	                        GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73