Re: GRUB2 and GNU/kFreeBSD

Hi again,

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 09:06:23PM +0200, Axel Beckert wrote:
> > > My recent try (just a few weeks ago) failed badly because grub-probe
> > > (and therefore update-grub) expects harddisks to be block devices
> > > while they are character devices under (k)FreeBSD.
> >
> > This was recently fixed in upstream.

I just tested the snapshot from experimental (1.96+20090402-1) which
didn't change anything.

Afterwards I checked how recent this has been fixed. I guess Felix
meant these two commits from only yesterday:

  http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc?view=rev&root=grub&revision=2081
  http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc?view=rev&root=grub&revision=2083

The first adds FreeBSD support, the second is from Felix to add
kFreeBSD support, too.

Thanks for that pointer and thanks to Felix and Andrey Shuvikov for
(k)FreeBSD support in grub! Looking forward to see it in Debian and
therefore on Debian GNU/kFreeBSD.

		Regards, Axel
--
Axel Beckert - abe@deuxchevaux.org, abe@noone.org - http://noone.org/abe/