Re: kFreeBSD question

I have a question about kFeeBSD. As the website says, the latest
version of kFreeBSD is based on the FreeBSD 6.x kernel. My first
question is - once I install kFreeBSD would it possible for me to
download the sources for a more recent FreeBSD kernel (i.e. the 7.0
branch) and compile it, so that I can have my custom kFreeBSD based on
FreeBSD 7.0?

In fact, preliminary FreeBSD 7.x kernel is also available from

Now, it is even part of official Debian in experimental,
see http://packages.qa.debian.org/k/kfreebsd-7.html,
It is expected to update that package after RC1 of FreeBSD 7.0,
see http://www.freebsd.org/releases/7.0R/schedule.html