Re: kFreeBSD question

Hi,

I have a question about kFeeBSD. As the website says, the latest
version of kFreeBSD is based on the FreeBSD 6.x kernel. My first
question is - once I install kFreeBSD would it possible for me to
download the sources for a more recent FreeBSD kernel (i.e. the 7.0
branch) and compile it, so that I can have my custom kFreeBSD based on
FreeBSD 7.0?

In fact, preliminary FreeBSD 7.x kernel is also available from
http://ftp.gnuab.org/debian/pool-kfreebsd-i386/main/k/kfreebsd-7/

Now, it is even part of official Debian in experimental,
see http://packages.qa.debian.org/k/kfreebsd-7.html,
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/k/kfreebsd-7/
It is expected to update that package after RC1 of FreeBSD 7.0,
see http://www.freebsd.org/releases/7.0R/schedule.html

Petr