Re: kFreeBSD question

Haidut escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question about kFeeBSD. As the website says, the latest
> version of kFreeBSD is based on the FreeBSD 6.x kernel. My first
> question is - once I install kFreeBSD would it possible for me to
> download the sources for a more recent FreeBSD kernel (i.e. the 7.0
> branch) and compile it, so that I can have my custom kFreeBSD based on
> FreeBSD 7.0?
> Second question - I was trying to find a binary package for MySQL
> server in the apt-get repositories provided on the website but
> couldn't find one. I was able to find PostgreSQL server versions 7.4
> and 8.0 but there was nothing for MySQL DB server. Is there currently
> a binary MySQL server package for kFreeBSD?
> You help is greatly appreciated.
> Thanks.

About the second point:

DbCluster13:~# uname -a
GNU/kFreeBSD DbCluster13 6.2-1-486 #0 Thu May  3 16:18:55 CEST 2007 i686
i386 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ GNU/kFreeBSD

DbCluster13:~# /etc/init.d/mysql status
/usr/bin/mysqladmin  Ver 8.41 Distrib 5.0.45, for pc-kfreebsd-gnu on i486

DbCluster13:~# apt-cache policy mysql-server-5.0
mysql-server-5.0:
  Installed: 5.0.45-1
  Candidate: 5.0.45-1
  Version table:
 *** 5.0.45-1 0
        500 http://ftp.gnuab.org unstable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

It is :)

I come across a locale issue when using initscripts, but used POSIX one,
and fired it up :-)

Good luck!

--
haggis@Phatt: ~$ grep -ir 'power in your hands' /proc/
/proc/version: Debian GNUine Perception

BOFH excuse #295: The Token fell out of the ring. Call us when you find it..