Re: Building custom apps vs deb packages ...

k, how does this work then ...

I built cyrus-sasl from source code, since I need SQLite support, but not
mysql/pgsql ... so, I try 'apt-get install postfix', since I figure that
mysql/pgsql won't hurt there, and I don't need any other features that really
require me to build it custom ... but, apt-get comes back with:

======================
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  postfix: Depends: libsasl2 (>= 2.1.19) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

So, I have to build postfix from scratch regardless? :(

- --On Thursday, February 15, 2007 13:15:01 +0100 Petr Salinger

- ----