Re: RFC/RFH: pfctl and authpf

On Friday 12 January 2007 10:30, Petr Salinger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> currently I am able to build pfctl and authpf in
> freebsd-utils source package. Patch is in svn.
>
> But I have not yet used packet filter, so I cannot properly test.
> Please, could someone test whether they are really working ?
> You can build them from source or I can send two binaries.
> Currently they are builded during build of net-tools
> binary package. Should they stay in net-tools
> or should they go into own package (in this case,
> please suggest name).
> Also script for /etc/init.d/ would be appreciated.

As far as I can test on my machine (only one network card) pf works fine!
I've attached a file 'pf' which should go in /etc/network/if-pre-up.d so that
pf is enabled when networking starts. Same file could go in /etc/init.d as
well.

kouk@quoth:~$ uname -a
GNU/kFreeBSD quoth 6.2-1-686 #0 Mon Jan 15 14:40:15 EET 2007 i686 i386
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz GNU/kFreeBSD
kouk@quoth:~$ sudo /sbin/pfctl -si

Hostid: 0x0de18f0d

Interface Stats for em0               IPv4             IPv6
  Bytes In                          166002                0
  Bytes Out                          87769              208
[blablabla]

kouk@quoth:~$ sudo /sbin/pfctl -sr
scrub in all fragment reassemble
block return in all
pass out all keep state
pass in on em0 inet proto tcp from any to (em0) port = ssh flags S/SA keep
state
pass in on em0 inet proto tcp from any to (em0) port = auth flags S/SA keep
state
pass in on em0 inet proto tcp from any to (em0) port = www flags S/SA keep
state
pass in on em0 inet proto tcp from any to (em0) port = https flags S/SA keep
state
pass in inet proto icmp all icmp-type echoreq keep state