Re: beta?

Hi.

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006, Vim Visual wrote:

I am looking forward to getting a stable release of debian-bsd. I have
read in the web page that there are still a couple of major bugs.
Which are these?

Missing installer, not in official debian.org archive, just unstable
archive (not etch/testing), "only" 80% packages ported.

For etch archive coverage, see also http://glibc-bsd.alioth.debian.org/NOTES

Now, I would like to go for the whole thing and install xorg etc etc
but... how worhty is it? I don't want to spend many hours on one thing
that's going to break often.

"apt-get update" and "apt-get install xserver-xorg x-window-system-core" should suffice.

One more question: What is the licence? Is it "GPL Nr X and ABOVE"
(that word proved to be important, as Linus removed it from its kernel
and now doesn't want to update the gpl version) or is it BSD?

Each package have own licence, for kernel see http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/k/kfreebsd-5/current/copyright