Re: Naming questions, to the BSD list only

On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 08:27:58AM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 01:18:34PM +0200, Momchil Velikov wrote:
> >   I thought you were genuinely interested in solving this "issue".
> > Isn't it in the interest of the members of the list to take part in
> > ONE ballot, having ALL sensible suggestions to choose?  Frankly, your
> > refusal to include the option suggested by me looks dangerously close
> > to an attempt to influence the decision, by proposing courses of
> > action in concent with your own preferences.
>
> It's extremely dangerous:  I almost snorted water onto my keyboard.
>
> But I think his point was: that one email that had the straw poll in it.
> And, barring some kind of extremely effective time travel, it was too
> late to add more options to that particular straw poll.

Not precisely; you'll note two follow-up emails (so far) that have updated
the poll. The option he wants added isn't part of the question I was trying
to ask, however.

> To send out another straw poll, you, he, or the designated pollster
> would have to find somebody capable of sending email and get their help.

I certainly have no objection to the question "should we deal with this at
all" being asked, but I think it's proper place is on debian-legal, not
debian-bsd, given what it deals with.
--
Joel Baker <fenton@debian.org>                                        ,''`.
Debian GNU/NetBSD(i386) porter                                       : :' :