Re: Changes in formal naming for NetBSD porting effort(s)

Scripsit Kevin Kreamer <kevin@kreamer.org>

> In the case of a NetBSD libc, you could use

> Debian NBSD/NBSD

> basically having the first half signify which libc is used.

Wouldn't that be a major retcon? AFAIU the "GNU/" in Debian GNU/Linux
says that we're using GNU userland tools such as cp, mv, diff, cc,
make, nroff, etc. That's prominently visible to users; the libc is a
technical detail that most users wouldn't care about unless it breaks.

--
Henning Makholm          "Jeg har tydeligt gjort opmærksom på, at man ved at
                   følge den vej kun bliver gennemsnitligt ca. 48 år gammel,