Re: X Strike Force SVN commit: rev 183 - in branches/4.3.0/sid/debian: . patches

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 04:33:35PM +0300, Ognyan Kulev wrote:
> Robert Millan wrote:
>
> >ISHIKAWA, what about splitting all common stuff into Debian.cf, and
> >Glibc-specific stuff into Glibc.cf?
>
> Isn't it right that any glibc-based system is GNU system?

no. the GNU system is not a set of C development utilities.

> Glibc
> requires GCC[1], which in turn requires (in most cases[2]) GNU binutils.
>
> [1] http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/FAQ.html#s-1.2
> [2] http://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html

yes, but that's not true in the other direction (which is what matters here).

we have ports with GCC and GNU binutils but without Glibc, that's the point
of having a Glibc.cf file only for Glibc-specific lines.