Re: Glibc-based GNU/FreeBSD

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 10:50:05PM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
> Hello!
>
> What is the current status of GNU/FreeBSD with the Glibc?

I've had to put the work I was doing on hold.  Bruno Haible doesn't seem
to have done much further with merging into glibc.  There are
substantial problems with /usr/include.  Major work is needed to get
enough of the required BSD system utilities like ps or ifconfig to
build.  Nearly all of the networking headers are screwed up.

Increasingly, I wonder about going back to the native libc. and
continuing to develop things like utmpx or libshadow. Keeping glibc
working and in sync with the kernel looks like a full-time job, and I
cannot do it.

> Is there any tarball available for download?

There is not.

	---Nathan