BSD 'window' instead of 'screen' on Debian

Hi,

I recently saw someone playing with a window-like interface in textmode.
It was not screen, but 'window' - a program from the BSD base system. It does
not seem to be available as a Debian package, nor can I find it with a quick
search in the Debian/FreeBSD package list (and it's not {freebsd-build|shell|
disk|main|net|proc|sys-utils} either.)

Is there an easy way to get this BSD functionality on Debian?
Just getting some cvs version and trying a pmake is giving me symbols trouble,
and I don't find help on the Debian/FreeBSD website.

Thanks,
Pieter-Paul

(please keep me cc'ed, I'm not on this list)