Re: Dependancy info for libc12

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 01:28:44AM -0700, Joel Baker wrote:

> Really what I'm trying to find is a way to examine a dump of the object, or
> maybe trying to build a static version from the .so, and finding out what
> symbols are, and are not, declared in the library ('are not' meaning we
> need to find where they come from, 'are' giving us that information).
>
> Upon boiling it down that way, it strikes me that a bit of magic with
> perl and objdump might well suffice to tell me what I need to make this
> determination...

Indeed, some investigations with nm and perl show that basically all of the
core (libc12) libraries depend on libc for some set of their functions.

The only odd bits are libutil (which depends on libposix for chown, easy
enough to link) and libc, which has the undefined symbols '__progname' and
'environ' (both appear to come from crt0.o, which is not terribly suprising
I guess).
lucifer@lightbearer.com              http://users.lightbearer.com/lucifer/