Re: Autoconf build targets

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 01:53:50AM -0400, Nathan Hawkins wrote:

> Another example would be installing various build tools like BSD make
> into /usr/bsd instead of /usr/bin.

There has just been a long discussion in debian-devel about the GNU/Hurd
system breaking FHS. I don't have anything against /usr/bsd or the
like, but I guess any FHS incompliance will bring more trouble
and discussions.

> I then patch several shell scripts,
> and also sources for make to point to /usr/bsd/bin/sh instead of
> /bin/sh, because on Debian /bin/sh is bash.

In Debian /bin/sh can be a simlink to any POSIX-compliant shell. If you
need a C shell then /bin/csh should be used. what features is it looking
for exactly?

cheers,

"5 years from now everyone will be running
free GNU on their 200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5"

              Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 30 Jan 1992