Re: Regarding possibly porting Debian GNU/BSD to the PowerPC.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 10:49:17PM +1100, matthew green wrote:
> ps: it seems to me that most people so far have not touched the
> kernel, but rather have been working on userland issues... i dunno
> i just provide a netbsd developer's POV. :-)

I packaged the FreeBSD kernel. It wasn't too bad except that I had to use the
FreeBSD gcc and binutils, because it wouldn't build with gcc 3.0. So I have
a box that boots with everything in a package, including libraries and kernel.

I think NetBSD should be easier, since it's more supportive of cross compiling,
and probably less sensitive to the gcc version.