re: Debian GNU/NetBSD, some comments..

   On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 11:20:51PM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
   > - Error when building screen: "ld: cannot find -ldl". Anyone has an idea
   > on this?

   Much like -ldb, netbsd just puts the functionality in the libc[1], so
   you don't need the library. In fact, the library doesn't exist.

   [1] Actually, I might be wrong about where the functionality lives.
   I'm not certain about the precise implementation. But the effect is
   the same: remove the -ldl and it will work.

the dynamic linker is where the dl* functions actually live.  libc has
only stubs, the real ones become available after the ld.so fires up.

.mrg.