Re: Proposed patch management/build solution

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 12:39:09AM +0000, Jonathan Amery wrote:
> In article <[🔎] tsladv7a5ta.fsf@loggerhead.mekinok.com> you write:
> >EVentually yes, but it may well be that we no longer need this system
> >by the time we are stable enough for a formal autobuilder.  I'm
> >certainly willing to build packages from this tree and make them
> >appear in MIT AFS space, which is web accessible.
> >
>  I don't know - I'm willing to bet that many packages will compile
> straight once there's a sane dev system to build them on.  Getting a
> buildd operation is my priority (got to build our system first :)) -
> if only so it gives us an idea how much stuff needs fixed.

It's gone semi-by the wayside, for the moment, since the core software
won't even start to compile under the chroot (things like the lack of a
sysinfo call, et al, which I do not currently feel like fighting with).

I'm sure it will come back to the forefront at some point here.
lucifer@lightbearer.com              http://users.lightbearer.com/lucifer/