Re: "Why Debian NetBSD"

> It is NetBSD under the hood, and GNU over it. If folks can't handle this
> fact, they're not going to start just because we drop GNU from the name.
> Having a name that *doesn't* reflect what it is just begs for trouble of
> all kinds, later.

Well put, and an important point.  MY understanding of RMS, and of the BSD
license would seem to indicate that what's done with the code is no one's
business.  If your M$, and you want to absorb BSD code, or some evil
dicator somewhere, it doesn't matter, the code is free to use, as you see
fit.  Nothing binding involved.

Of course, it never hurts to have people accept a project, but what the
nay-sayers yell is unimportant.  As soon as a BSDer yells "Hey, you
shouldn't be doing that with the code", they really _aren't_ a BSDer ;).