Re: Debian GNU/BSD Project Goals

Agreed except for s/NetBSD/FreeBSD/g in my case. NetBSD has nothing I'm really interested in, while FreeBSD does.

It might be reasonable to just work on both, and see what happens. I expect that any work done on one would probably be at least somewhat helpful to the other. Nathan Myers writes:
We haven't yet come up with wording for the announcement of the goals of the Debian GNU/BSD Project, including the provision that the Project has no plans to relicense BSD sources. Somebody volunteered to be project coordinator, who was it? As well as I understand it, the following goals are more or less settled:
  Kernel is NetBSD.
  Native file system is UFS; others later "if somebody does the work".
  Boot loader is BSD's, initially; maybe Grub later "if ...".
  Libc is NetBSD's unless/until somebody ports GNU libc; then maybe both.
  Kernel-related utilities (ifconfig mount etc.) are from NetBSD.
  File system layout is Debian/FHS.
  Installer is custom.
Remaining packages are from the Debian source archives, patched as needed. Comments?
Nathan Myers
ncm at cantrip dot org