Re: BSD camp hostility

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 09:30:54PM -0700, Nathan Myers wrote:

> > > When discussing Debian/BSD with BSD adherents, I encountered
> > > a current of hostility.
> >
> > And vice versa...I catch far, far more flack for talking about BSD
> > from Linux folks than talking about Linux with BSD folks.  Orders
> > of magnitude.
>
> You must be talking to people who don't code.  All the Linux
> developers I know speak respectfully of BSD even when they are
> laughing at the petty spitefulness of its more batshit adherents.

Are you one of the Linux people that doesn't code?  If not then
using "batshit adherents" when talking about the BSD community
could place you in with the "current of hostility" that the original
poster describes.  Don't bash them for having opinions different
than your own and they won't bash you for yours...  Wait I'm
starting to sound like my Mom. :)

-steve