Re: [Fwd: Debian/BSD survey....]

[SNIP]
> > Well the one that can be ported to many platform as possible.
> Seems should have the list for which we can uses/port, for example,
> apt-get.. ?

Sorry I didn't express correctly my idea at all.
Read: Ok we can port to X numbers of platform. Does it make sense to
port to all of them from the beginning or should we select 1 or 2
and then if people will require more we will work on another porting???
How many people are really interested in having Debian BSD on a old
Amiga 4000
(or a Commodore 64 :) and so on) ???

> > > (2) What do you think is the best way to start?
> >
> > Well I'm not so expert in the Debian installation system to say that.
> > But my idea, when i subcribed, was to have a BSD kernel and all the BSD
> > related stuff installed in the Debian way.
> > But what I can suggest if someone will start to work on this project
> > is to immediatly start to produce HOWTO-START for beginners in order
> > to involve more people as fast as possible.
> umm...
>
> (1) based on *BSD and port Debian stuff into it
> (2) based on Debian, and port some stuff in BSD into it
>
> IMHO, I think (2) is not a good idea.. (or I missed some discussion
> before ?)

IMHO I also agree (2) is not a so good idea.

Fabio