Re: web page?

Yeah, this list serves mostly to keep the flaming off of -devel :-)
Apparently the idea itself will cause the end of civilization as we
know it, or something.  (We also get flames from the BSD side, about
causing yet-another-split...)

However, the archives should have a pointer to at least one attempt to
start down one of the 6 paths [part of the problem is that "Debian
BSD" can describe a whole spectrum of interesting but distinct
things:
	bsd kernel, linux emul, debian-linux userspace on top.
	bsd kernel, glibc port, rebuild (but not rewrite) packages.
	bsd kernel, bsd libc, port linux packages
	bsd kernel, bsd libc, debian-packages of the *BSD* user space.
There is of course significant variation in what goals lead to what
choices; also, they're not completely inconsistent, you can have a
system that includes enough of the first and fourth branches to be
interesting both sets of people...]

I'm still interested, and in fact may end up doing it as part of a
high quality network service product (debian packaging, BSD kernel -
if nothing else, it'll confuse the hell out of the script kiddies :-)

My original interest was to get something useful on my collection of
Sun 3 hardware, since at the time, bsd on a sun 3 "just worked"
whereas linux still need another few rounds of making the MMU work at
all.  I may get back to that once I do the business version...

			_Mark_ <eichin@thok.org>
			The Herd of Kittens
			Debian Package Maintainer