Re: The project

On Mon, Jul 19, 1999 at 05:50:00PM -0500, Steve Price wrote:
> Linux has a sex appeal that BSD doesn't.  Many of the "newer,
> intell..." have an easier time equating themselves with Linus
> (and some want to be just like him), but few see themselves
> hanging out with a 50+ year old hippy with a gray beard that
> talks of PDP-11s with great remiss.  I'm 31 so I'm probably

At the same time, I think it's worth noting that Linux has
the technical substance behind the "sex appeal", unlike Microsoft products.

> pretty middle of the road here and though I think what Linus
> has done is great I know he didn't do it alone.  He tends to
> get the lionshare of the credit though.  Just as Jordan is the

That's true, there are a lot of people who've worked on Linux who don't
get the credit Linus does. Alan Cox, among others. Cox and others are
the managers of major subsystems like networking and SCSI.

> Sounds like a plan.  Who's going to school me on the finer side
> .deb building?  I'm reading the stuff on the webpages and sucking

Well we have approximately 3000 examples now :-) I've done quite a lot
of small to medium sized packages so I'll help wherever I can.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3SB (ex-VK3TYD).