Testing of LXDE live image

Hi,

Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote (Sun, 19 Mar 2023 15:13:47 +0000):
> So, *builds* work fine but I've not *yet* tested actually
> booting/using one of these images in any way. I've just triggered a
> full build of "testing" live images now, please help test if you can
> once they're in place at [2] in a couple of hours from now.

Wow, that's great news!
Glad, that we seem to get live images for bookworm!
Thanks Roland and Steve!!!

I have started some testing with debian-live-testing-amd64-lxde.iso image
in a VM, and I'm happy to see that it does not look that bad:

- Testing of the menu entries of live-installer boot menu:
	Looks good, as far as I tested.

- Starting the debian-installer from the boot menu:
	d-i starts as we know it; after some screens we get the message,
	that no kernel modules are found.
	Well, that's not a problem of the live system I guess, we know
	that the daily/weekly builds tend to get outdated quite fast
	sometimes.
	I think this will settle down soon, at the latest with the next
	d-i release.

- Start-up the live system (LXDE environment):
	Works fine. Good performance! (Well, that depends on hardware,
	sure, and LXDE is lightweight, but hey, live system is fast, so what?
	Big ups!)

- Testing some applications in the live system, adding a keyboard layout
  for German and switching between English and German; installing additional
  packages within the live system:
	All fine.

- Starting the Calamares installer:
	Works fine all together.
	First got the message, that not enough RAM is available.
	Then, installed one more chip into the VM, and here it goes :-)
	Installation succeeds, system boots fine!

So, AFAICS: good job guys!!!

Thanks!
Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076