Re: Starting the weekly live images for Bookworm building again

Hey again,

On Tue, Jan 31, 2023 at 03:36:53PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:

>>As you can see, this affects many teams:
>>* live-setup: a MR to generate all live images for Bookworm [A2]

So, after some delay from me and some further delays from various
Debian machines committing suicide [1], I've got bookworm live builds
running again. \o/

I've taken Roland's updated patches and tweaked a little more in the
setup.git and live-setup.git repos, and we now have live builds
integrated. Changes I've added:

 * turned on source tarball generation using LB_SOURCE=true, and
   disable the external source build that we dod for the older
   live-wrapper builds
 * when building on casulana, warn about archive updates rather than
   restarting builds
 * don't attempt to build i386 live images any more, they're not useful
 * tweaked logging

So, *builds* work fine but I've not *yet* tested actually
booting/using one of these images in any way. I've just triggered a
full build of "testing" live images now, please help test if you can
once they're in place at [2] in a couple of hours from now.

I don't yet know how close we are to having full non-free-firmware
integration with the live images; I expect there might be some more
work needed there yet, but I'd love to be proven wrong. :-)

[1] "yay" for the long-standing tradition of services failing as we
    get close to a release: this time it was casulana and salsa...
[2] https://get.debian.org/images/weekly-live-builds/

"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user'
 as meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver." -- Daniel Pead