Re: DEP-11 metadata for non-free-firmware?

Hi Matthias!

Hope everything is getting better on your side!

Matthias Klumpp <mak@debian.org> (2023-01-30):
> So, Ideally other tools should be fixed to not break if the file isn't
> there, or only break if the file *was* there and vanished (because
> that shouldn't happen), or I could make a change on the generator to
> always generate a file, even if no input data is present, depending on
> what seems like the better way to go.

Yeah, dak needed a little fix, and with the move of a bunch of firmware
packages from non-free to non-free-firmware, we've seen files getting
refreshed appropriately, and with the first packages reaching bookworm,
we've seen metadata pop up there as well.

Everything looks good now for debian-installer/debian-cd as far as I can
see (we need a fix migration to testing before being 100% certain); sorry
for that bunch of mails!

Cheers,