Re: DEP-11 metadata for non-free-firmware?

Hi again,

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> (2023-01-19):
> Sorry for the noise. I missed there were several rsync calls on the
> dak side, and at least dak needs patching…
>
>   https://salsa.debian.org/ftp-team/dak/-/merge_requests/267

This was merged and works fine for sid, but for some reason, we're
missing files for bookworm. Configuration changes from earlier this
month look good though (/srv/appstream.debian.org):

 - Add the non-free-firmware archive component
 - Retire buster & stretch, add non-free-firmware processing for dev suites

(in passing, workspace/asgen-config.json lacks armel for sid)

Looking at the logs, the machinery is indeed looking at bookworm/nff,
except it doesn't find anything new/interesting there, e.g.:

    2023-01-23 14:21:22 - INFO: Skipping bookworm/non-free-firmware [amd64], no interesting new packages since last update.

Shouldn't we have placeholders (with just metadata) anyway? Like we have
currently for sid/nff, e.g. for amd64[1]:

    ---
    File: DEP-11
    Version: '0.14'
    Origin: debian-sid-non-free-firmware
    MediaBaseUrl: https://appstream.debian.org/media/sid
    Time: 20230108T192336

 1. https://deb.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/non-free-firmware/dep11/Components-amd64.yml.gz

In case anyone wonders, [2] looks weird, that's a bug in dak that should
be fixed, that's triggered by trying to work on non-existing things…

 2. https://deb.debian.org/debian/dists/bookworm/non-free-firmware/dep11/

Cheers,