Re: Net boot auto install failure with "No device for installation media was detected"

On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 11:17 PM Geert Stappers <stappers@stappers.nl> wrote:
> "No device for installation media was detected."

My guess:   New hardware.

Thx for the response - I do appreciate.  The device being installed is a virtual machine in KVM, which has deployed previous Debian distros without issue.  I believe the "installation media" not being detected is related to changes between Buster and Bullseye - but I can't seem to find any changelogs on what has changed.

Please report back how a manual install goes.  As in: Share with the community
wether or not it is a netboot / preseed problem.

Manual installation from the same ISO works fine.

Respectfully,
~~shane