Re: At what time of the install process a script is executed with 'preseed/run'?

On Sun, Dec 26, 2021 at 07:18:26PM +0100, john doe wrote:
> On 12/26/2021 5:44 PM, Holger Wansing wrote:
> > Am 26. Dezember 2021 17:30:03 MEZ schrieb john doe:
> > > Debians,
> > >
> > > From a preseed file I need to download and execute as the last command
> > > a script.
> > > I'm playing with 'd-i preseed/run string foo.sh' the script execute
> > > successfully but does not look to be executed as the last command in the
> > > install process.
> > >
> > > Can someone confirm when 'preseed/run' is executed?
> > >
> > > In other words, what is the best way to download and execute a script at
> > > the end of the install process.
> >
> > Not exactly answering your question, but the installation-guide
> > has a chapter about this, see
> > https://d-i.debian.org/manual/en.amd64/apbs05.html

Qoute from that page
#d-i preseed/late_command string apt-install zsh; in-target chsh -s /bin/zsh

> > I guess, "preseed/late_command is what you want...
> >

> Actually I was more hoping for an equivalent of 'preseed/run' to the
> 'preseed/late_command'.
> The late_command will not per default download the *.sh file.

This is untested:

d-i preseed/late_command string in-target wget -O /target/myscript http://server.local/install_script ; in-target bash /myscript

Consider to share with the mailinglist (and the mailinglist archive)
what worked for you.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--