Re: Submitting patches for debian-installer

On Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 12:07:42AM +0200, Pascal Hambourg wrote:
> > > I would be glad to submit a few small patches for debian-installer,
> > > mostly for partman components. What is the preferred way ? Should I
> > > file bug reports against each package ?
> > Best is to create pull requests on Debian Salsa against the corresponding
> > d-i sub-modules:
> I feared to receive this kind of answer. I am not a developper and do not
> have the slightiest idea about how to do this.

don't worry, filing bugs against individual d-i packages and attaching patches
there is also a very fine way of doing this!

--
cheers,
	Holger

 ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
 ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
 ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀  OpenPGP: B8BF54137B09D35CF026FE9D 091AB856069AAA1C
 ⠈⠳⣄

The entire society has no clue what the word freedom means in the context of
relating to the world around them. It has degenerated into "my ego first". It
is why the entire planet is dying right now.