Re: Help with installing debian

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 08:28:46PM +0530, Rohan J. Tilwani wrote:
> Hello there,
> I am facing a serious issues installing the "Bullseye" version of debian.
> Especially with Disks. I would be glad if you help me out. I am trying to
> install live+nonfree latest version of debian. Initially i get error that
> says SM bus busy. After I boot into live environment, I get another issue.
> I cant locate my secondary HDD on Lenovo slim 5.(i5 11th gen, Nvidia MX450,
> 8gigs RAM, 256gigs SSD+1TB HDD). Please help.
> Thank you.

Hello Rohan,

This might be better asked on debian-user which is the mailing list for
user support.

A couple of straightfrorward questions:

Is this a first ever Debian install for you?

Do you have any other operating system on the laptop that you wish to
retain?

Do you wnt the laptop to only run Debian?

I would suggest that you use the standard Debian installer (rather than a
Live DVD) and also that you use the unofficial installer which does contain
the firmware found in non-free.

https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/current/amd64/iso-cd/firmware-11.0.0-amd64-netinst.iso is the small
netinst image.

Hope this helps,