Re: Addition to release-notes?

A bit of wordsmithing, if I may, from a native Engish (US) speaker...

I did a bit of re-arranging, mostly putting the explanation at the beginning. I also changed some working to make it flow a bit better.

On Tue, 3 Aug 2021 21:11:07 +0200
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org> wrote:

>  <varlistentry>
>  <term>Help with installation of firmware</term>
>  <listitem>
>  <para>
>  Since chances are getting higher, that users might need device
> firmware installed to get their hardware running properly, the
> installer has been improved to help with that.

<para>
More and more, peripheral devices require firmware to be loaded as part of the hardware initialization. The firmware is usually not DFSG compliant, so it is not distributed in Debian's main repositories. To help deal with this problem, the installer has been improved.
</para>

>  A new mechanism has been implemented, which tries to detect - based
> on a hardware ID -> firmware file mapping - if some of the installed
> hardware needs firmware files to be installed, and installs them
> automatically in such case. <para></para>

<para>
Based on a hardware ID to firmware file mapping, if some of the installed hardware requires firmware files to be installed, the code installs them automatically.
</para>

>  This works out of the box, if you are using an inofficial installer

This works out of the box, if you are using an unofficial installer
                                              ^^^

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com