Re: Is _Debian GNU/Linux Installation Guide_ current?

Hello,

Yes, the guide is current.

Richard Owlett, le ven. 07 mai 2021 09:46:47 -0500, a ecrit:
> I wish to install Debian 10 on a laptop with no internet connectivity
> following instructions at
>
> https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/ch04s03.en.html#usb-copy-flexible
>
> The system I'm using to prepare the flash drive is running Debian 9.13 {the
> i386 flavor IIRC}
>
> It responds
> > root@defaultinstall:/home/richard# install-mbr /dev/sdc
> > install-mbr:/dev/sdc: Probable detection of modern MBR format which is currently
> > incompatible with install-mbr.  Installing will probably break Windows installations
> > on this system.  Use --force to override.
>
> Is this expected?

It completely depends on what you previously had on your key.

If you are sure that sdc is your flash drive, you don't care about
"break Windows installations on this system", since I guess your flash
drive doesn't contain anything useful anyway.

Samuel