Re: Speed up installation: activate eatmydata-udeb by default and include eatmydata package in /pool

Thank you for the CC.  I am not subscribed to debian-boot@ and it would
have take a while before I discovered your reply on the web view.

[Samuel Thibault]
> Petter Reinholdtsen, le lun. 12 avril 2021 07:34:38 +0200, a ecrit:
>> Sad to hear the patch has been ignored for several years.
>
> Please do not confuse "ignore" with "terribly understaffed".

In my experience, "terribly understaffed" can lead to many things being
ignored, and I this fund ignored to be the correct term for it.  The
staff level is useful as an explanation but do not really change the
effect, which is that changes for the better do not get applied.

I could apply the debian-cd change myself, if everyone agree that it
should be applied, but have not touched debian-cd for so long it seemed
safest to only publish the patch as a start.  Please let me know via
that change, and I can apply it if no-one objects by the end of the week.

I am not sadly qualified at the moment to look at debootstrap, and
unlikely to find time to reload that code base into my head any time
soon.  Sorry about that.  Looked at the ubuntu patch for debootstrap, as
it came from a @ubuntu user, but unfortunately they are not carrying it
yet, so it has not been testet there.

--
Happy hacking