Re: Speed up installation: activate eatmydata-udeb by default and include eatmydata package in /pool

I have questions, isn't eatmydata-udeb enough to get it working for d-i?
It's not enough: it's only activates eatmydata, but for some reason does not depend on it. I don't know why is it so.

Please also note that eatmydata-udeb works only on a later installation stages and does nothing for base system installation.

Does it have other dependencies on non-udeb packages or files
that are not in the initrd of the installer?
I thought that udeb packages were made to work as standalones,
with less dependencies.  If eatmydata-udeb is not enough to do
something with it, then it should be a bug.