Re: Issues regarding input methods for Bullseye

Hi,

Shengjing Zhu <zhsj@debian.org> wrote (Mon, 8 Mar 2021 13:14:26 +0800):
> IMO, we have 3 choice here:
>
> 1. All languages in tasksel should have a separate task for GNOME, and
> a separate task for other DE.
>
>    The GNOME task installs ibus related language modules. And the
> other DE task installs the local team prefered input method and the
> corresponding language module.
>
>    This is my preference, since the choice of GNOME upstream and
> maintainer shouldn't have influence on other DE. But we also respect
> the GNOME upstream and maintainer's choice.
>
>    However currently only Japanese has the standalone GNOME task.

This option requires to add new binary packages to tasksel, if I understand
correctly, but that is no longer possible for Bullseye, due to the freeze,
right?

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076