Re: debian 10 installation fails

Hi,

Matthias Zillmer <mzillmer@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> Hi Holger,
>
> I have got the Debian 10 installer running by using the 10.3.0 amd64 xfce CD1 iso image and with
>
> Help
> F3
> expertgui noapic acpi=off
>
> Then "Trying to enable frame buffer" and I can continue with installation.
>
> I don't know if there is a hint somewhere under "Help" to use these parameters for (older) hardware.

Yes, that boot parameters were mentioned various times for similar cases.
They are documented on help page F6.

> This does not work with your Debian 11 bullseye DI alpha2 amd 64 xfce cd1 image.
> It continues reading from the CD drive but nothing happens on the screen for more than 5 minutes.

At which step did the hang happen? Did you saw the Debian boot screen like

	Debian GNU/Linux installer menu
	Graphical install
	Install
	Advanced options			>
	Accessible dark contrast installer menu	>
	Help

and it hangs after hitting "Graphical install" for example ?

Or did it fail to show the boot screen at all ?

Could you try to find additional debugging info at the second console via
Alt+F2 ?

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076