Re: boot-time accessibility issues

On 3/2/2020 5:35 PM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> john doe, le lun. 02 mars 2020 17:24:48 +0100, a ecrit:
>>>
>>> But we don't necessarily want to ask the question on all Debian systems
>>> at all boot.
>>>
>>> I'm not saying that there is no solution. I'm saying that it's not just
>>> a matter of adding a question, but rather to determine a reasonable way
>>> to have it asked.
>>
>> One way could be to emit that prompt when the "low" priority is used.
>
> You are here talking about the Debian Installer. Such a menu is in the
> TODO-list, yes, we have already discussed about it.

Looks like I forgot that it will eventually be implemented, thanks Samuel.
I'll be happy to test that out when you get the time to work on this.

> But what Rich is after is an already-installed system, apparently. I
> don't know if in his situation he can preseed some parameter. But again,
> AIUI he would not be using the debian-installer but raspi etc. so
> debian-boot and debian-accessibility can't do much about it.

Yes, I clearly mist the point here.

>> That way, the question would not be asked for regular user but could be
>> triggered by choosing the low priority or preseeded in a preseed file.
>
> Note that low priority and preseed still need to be set somehow, so it
> doesn't solve the bootstrap question like the 's' boot shortcut does.

Actually, creating a new cd iso that would have accessibility in mind
could be one option.

EG:

debian-10.3-accessibility-netinst.iso

Note that I don't have a clue of this could be feasable.

--
John Doe