netcfg: proposal for template change

Hi,

I would like to propose a change on a template in netcfg:

#. Type: error
#. Description
#. IPv6
#. :sl2:
#: ../netcfg-static.templates:2001
msgid ""
"The IP address you provided is malformed. It should be in the form x.x.x.x "
"where each 'x' is no larger than 255 (an IPv4 address), or a sequence of "
"blocks of hexadecimal digits separated by colons (an IPv6 address). Please "
"try again."
msgstr ""

  The IP address you provided is malformed. It should be in the form
- x.x.x.x where each 'x' is no larger than 255 (an IPv4 address), or a
- sequence of blocks of hexadecimal digits separated by colons (an IPv6
+ x.x.x.x where each 'x' is an integer not larger than 255 (for an IPv4 address), or
+ xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx each 'xxxx' being a block of hexadecimal digits (for an IPv6
  address). Please try again.

I would like to make the description of the format more clearer, especially
the IPv6 variant does not give much detailed information.
If you typed a malformed IPv6 address, that message does not give you much
help, how it should look like ...

Any comments/objections?

debian-l10n-english in CC for review, too.

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076