Re: Avoiding low-memory warning in preseed mode

On Wed, 2 Oct 2019 at 21:28, john doe <johndoe65534@mail.com> wrote:

> Have a look at (1).

> 1)  https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Preseed#Custom_preseed_files

I remember reading that document a little while ago when I first
got my hands dirty attempting to preseed some VM.

Regarding template files discussed in the section:
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Preseed#Preseeding_and_the_installer.27s_debconf_templates

I find "sed | awk | sed | sed | sed | awk | sed" style approaches
completely horrifying and for that purpose it made a lot more
sense to me to just do:
git clone https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/d-i.git
to get the packages and template files where I can
search them locally.

But I'm still a newbie in this area so I'm far away from having
much understanding what I'm doing or any confidence or
ability to recommend ways of doing things.