Re: pxe booting qemu

On 2019-09-23 5:26 a.m., john doe wrote:
On 9/23/2019 12:41 PM, Michael Kesper wrote:
On 23.09.19 10:27, john doe wrote:
I'm currently using the netinst.iso file to install Debian as a guest VM
using Qemu.
This approach works fine if you want to install multiple VM on the same
host.
My goal with using PXE booting is to test how to install from the
network using Qemu, that way, I can get everything the way I like before
implementing PXE booting on my network.

Depending upon how far along you are with preseed and tftp and such, there might be some additional hints in:

https://blog.raymond.burkholder.net/index.php?/archives/637-DebConf-Debian-Installer-Preseed.html
https://blog.raymond.burkholder.net/index.php?/archives/662-Using-Debian-PreSeed-files-and-a-PXEBoot-Server-to-Auto-Build-Hosts.html
https://blog.raymond.burkholder.net/index.php?/archives/899-Debian-Preseed-Backport-Kernel.html

I was able to boot and build totally automatically with a netboot file.

I was able to do this onto bare metal and into vagrant.  Should work with qemu/kvm.