Re: Heads-up: new lintian error: no-human-maintainers

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> (2019-04-22):
> Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> writes:
>
> > I've not really made up my mind of what I think about the general case,
> > I do think there are some merrits knowing/documenting human maintainers.
>
> > I also do think that this doesnt make that much sense for d-i packages.
>
> > (And I also think that policy should be changed (and not merely ignored)
> > if we find that we disagree with whats written in it.)
>
> > Shall I file a bug against debian-policy?
>
> This was a request from ftpmaster so that they had a contact point for
> each package in the case of any problems.  If they're happy for this
> requirement to be removed for d-i packages, we're happy to update Policy
> accordingly.  Presumably the d-i team is the contact for anything related
> to udebs, so that may fulfill their requirement.  (If they're unhappy, we
> should talk more about it.)

Clarifying a bit:

The installer team is responsible for a vast amount of packages building
udebs, but is not responsible for the GTK stack, or the X.Org stack, or
systemd, or many other components building udebs.

(But we're always happy to be kept in the loop for changes related to
udebs.)

Cheers,